- She is a professional singer/songwriter who has recorded with Warner Bros. Records and Atlantic Records.
- She has performed in concert across most of the United States.
- Professionally, she has been affiliated with the Musician’s Union, BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.), SAG (Screen Actors Guild), AFTRA (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) and Actor’s Equity.
- She has been endorsed by the Atlanta Journal Constititution, the New York Times, the New York Post, the Daily News, Variety, Showbusiness, the Dawsonville Community News and the 400 Edition.
Rhetta’s musical training began at an early age. An Atlanta native, she began performing at age 2. She graduated high school at 17 and moved to New York to pursue a career in performing. She work her way through Hunter College singing professionally. She majored in Music and Performing Arts. She also has extensive training before and after college in singing, songwriting, piano, music theory, sight singing, guitar, dancing and acting. While pursuing her education, she sang and performed in New York theatre and sang with orchestras at the major hotels in New York including the Plaza, the Waldorf Astoria, the St. Regis and many others.
Rhetta comes from the experience of many years of performing and recording. She has performed to an audience of as many as 150,000, including national television appearances. Some of the places where Rhetta has been in the spotlight and behind the mic have included:
- The Presidential Inauguration Ball
- The Georgia Governor’s Ball
- The Indianapolis 500
- Talladega Super Speedway
- Citicorp Park in New York
- Centennial Park in Atlanta
- Chastain Park in Atlanta
She has also played in many of the infamous “night spots” in both Atlanta, New York and Nashville including The Bottom Line, The Other End, The Bluebird, The Copacabana, The Rainbow Room, Dangerfields, The Friar’s Club, and The Riverboat plus many others.
Rhetta has written, sang and produced a number of commercial jingles for national television and radio advertising campaigns. Her commercials have included Aaron’s, Old Spice, Chicken Delight, Nathan’s Famous, Off-Track Betting, U.S. Keds and Getty Oil.
Rhetta has also performed in theater productions in both musicals and plays including Sweet Charity, South Pacific, Showboat, Hello Dolly, My Fair Lady, Finian’s Rainbow, Pippin, Butterflies are Free, Glass Menagerie, Barefoot in the Park and Loss of Roses.
She has performed with many orchestras, including the Peter Duchin Orchestra, The Atlanta Pops Orchestra and the Bill Harrington Orchestra.
Rhetta has her own music publishing company, RBI. She has also published songs with a New York publishing company, The Clyde Otis Music Group. Clyde Otis is recognized in the Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame for publishing. He is known for many hit songs, including “It’s Just a Matter of Time” and “Smooth Operator”. He has worked with such greats as Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughn, Dinah Washington and Natalie Cole. Clyde compares Rhetta’s songwriting to the infamous Diane Warren.
Rhetta retired her performance career to teach and develop talent. She finds great joy in helping other performers reach their musical dreams.